Monday, April 20, 2015

Keeping Your Home a Sacred Place

This is something that I have really come to appreciate this year. I never really was fully grateful for the home my mom and dad built and centered around Christ and His love. I have learned the importance of how incredibly necessary it is to have a safe haven from the outside world. Some where you know you will feel the spirit, will feel safe from the temptations of the world, will feel loved no matter what, and will always be comforted with the feeling of warming love. I believe that building a home that is sacred and filled with the spirit can help strengthen and build up your testimony as it gives you and your family "a break" from the outside world once inside the walls. Bonnie L. Oscarson said "let us defend our home as a place which is second only to the temple in holiness". I hope that we can all defend our homes and keep it sacred and worthy of the spirit to constantly abide in.

No comments:

Post a Comment