Sunday, April 12, 2015

Succoring Unto Others

Happy Sabbath! :-) Today I've thought a lot about what Henry B. Eyring said in his talk, "Is Not This Fast That I Have Chosen", he said that "when we offer succor to anyone, the Savior feels it as if we reached out to succor him". What a precious way to give back to our Savior. We never know who is in need of a helping hand, shoulder to cry on, friend to laugh with, or someone to talk to. In my mind I see Christ in agonizing pain in the Garden of Gethsemane, and a person on the side succoring unto another in need, and Christ feeling succored unto too. What a simple thing we can do that can brighten one's day immensely. A little thing could go a long way. What great love I have for my Savior and all that He has done for me!! I hope that we can all think of one person we can "succor unto" and strive to show Christ-like love, kindness, and compassion for them, as Christ has succored unto us. :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment